Search This Blog

Friday, December 10, 2021

EEC/DKG@UN: A Cornucopia of Resources for Our Educators

 

All of you are already doing and completing such outstanding work which brings me to another topic, “The Excellence In Education Award.” As chair of the awards committee of CTAUN, I have heard through discussion with my EEC colleagues many, many, many examples of excellence in teaching that have been demonstrated by our own members. In light of the lockdown and the lack of information as to when UN headquarters might reopen again to NGO’s, I would like to at some point during a future CTAUN webinar set in place a time frame for an outstanding lesson or project that occurred during the course of this unending pandemic. I know they are out there, I have heard some of them and you know who you are…

So, give it some thought. I have heard some of the many ways you have improvised to get lessons done and they should be heard by others. You can send to my personal email your thoughts, lessons and projects, along with photos of yourself and students as you worked your way through almost two years of the impossible - Eileen Venezia (evap114@aol.com). What I have seen during this pandemic were educators working the hardest to continue to teach while they themselves were accommodating to the shock. Many children have been endangered by the loss of school buildings as a place of refuge. Teachers are overworked, and along with the economy, education must be listed as one of the domains in need of post-pandemic aid.

 

In closing, take a look at (google) “Teachers Are Not Alright: How The Covid-19 Pandemic has taken a toll on its Nation of Teachers.”

 

Eileen Venezia
International EEC Member
UN/NGO

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts