Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Why Did You Choose DKG? Share Your Story!

 

Why did you choose DKG? It is likely all of us have been asked this question. The Communications and Marketing Committee would like to hear your answer. Your answers will help us promote the value of membership and communicate this value to key women educators throughout the world.

Of course, we want every key woman educator to be a member of DKG, but how do we get the message out? One way our committee wants to spread the word is through “My DKG Story”. Everyone has a story and we want to hear it! We encourage you to complete this form. We would love to hear from:
  • The 50 year DKG member to the first year DKG member
  • Members from Canada to Panama and Japan to Finland and all those in between
  • Retired, veteran, and early career teachers
  • Members with a long list of awards and those with a long list of goals.


In short, we want to hear from you!

Our committee will randomly select members from the completed DKG Story forms to interview in a podcast. These podcasts may be shared on the website and social media platforms. Perhaps yours will be selected for a follow up interview. Each of you is urged to fill out the story form. Help us thrive and grow our society.

SHARE YOUR STORY

3 comments:

  1. I didn’t choose DKG… DKG chose me and I said yes! Ten years ago my principal nominated me for membership in DKG. I was thrilled to say yes. I have continued to say yes, each and every time I’m asked to step up and take a leadership roll, in my chapter, in my region/district, and in my state as well. I was quickly asked to serve as Chapter Treasurer, a roll which I “treasure”. I was asked to server on a state committee, chair our state convention & most recently serve as a District Director for the new biennium. So you see, I didn’t choose DKG. DKG continually keeps choosing me to serve! I am Paula Graffeo, Alpha Chapter, Louisiana.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing! I love this perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  3. DKG chose me and I could not have been any more surprised and elated! I was invited to dinner at a very nice restaurant by my Superintendent, Dr. Sandra Reed, and a lifelong friend, Karolyn Caldwell. I was presented with a gold-embossed invitation and a letter. I was very emotionally moved and could not believe I was being asked to join such a prestigious group of ladies. I went on to serve in Epsilon Upsilon for a variety of roles and then as Chapter President. I relocated shortly to North Texas and joined Lambda Upsilon and then due to distance and work transferred to Mu Nu and served in multiple roles before becoming Chapter President. Once again, I had to make some decisions due to work and did not actively participate in DKG for a while. Then on May 6, 2016, I am a charter member of Nu Gamma. Again, serving in multiple roles then Chapter President. I have continued to say "yes" and sometimes I have had to say "not yet". But I have enjoyed the journey and look forward to continuing to serve. My name is Elizabeth "Liz" Garrett, Nu Gamma chapter Texas. I am currently Area Coordinator for Area in Texas, and looking for to all the new biennium has to offer.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts